* Over at Trouble With Comics, guest blogger Kevin Fischer examines the differences between the comic and TV versions of the characters in The Walking Dead.
* Longtime comics reviewer Randy Lander lists his favourite new comic books of 2013. I haven't read most of the books he lists, but he makes a good case for all of them and I will probably check some of them out. I do like Slott's Superior Spider-Man quite a bit, although I agree with Randy that the inconsistency of the art takes away a bit of the fun. It's still been a wild ride for a concept I would have expected to get maybe one good six-issue arc out of.
* As a bonus, Randy's list is educational as well; I figured Black Beetle was a DC title.
* Speaking of walking, I'm always warning people to be careful of the icy spots on sidewalks, driveways and parking lots this time of year. I wish I'd warned myself last night walking from the car to the house, because I slipped and landed on my right knee, which is a bloody mess and my foot hurts too. So if you live somewhere cold and occasionally icy, man, be careful out there.
* This fan-created opening title sequence for Peter Capaldi's Doctor Who is AMAZING.
* Uncomics: This sequential series of photographs by a husband documentng his wife's battle against cancer is also amazing, for very different reasons.
No comments:
Post a Comment